Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Week #57– Concórdia – Episode #8 - Hype



What´s up everyone!? This week was for sure the most hype week of the transfer so far.  Elder Sanchez and I are working really well together and having a great time. 

This week we had Conference with President in Lages which is a city  approx 5 hours from where I am. The bus picked us up at 2am on Wednesday and we got there at 7am. I didn´t sleep for a second on the ride because I was catching up with other missionaries that I hadn´t seen for a while. Conference was super good and I always leave with more motivation to work. We headed out at about 3pm and got home at 8. Stayed up 40 hours straight! haha first all nighter in the mish. Definitely one for the books.

Saturday we had Jacir´s and Tailon´s baptism! It was so awesome and the Spirit was really strong. I got to baptize Tailon and confirm Jacir on Sunday. Jacir is the father of his family and he was the only one who hadn´t been baptized. When Bishop was talking at the baptism, he gave him and his family the goal to be sealed on Septemer 29 next year because that´s when they will be renting a bus to go to the temple. So awesome.

I remember when I was going to this area and everyone was saying how it was a horrible area and I was bummed. But we have been praying for miracles and this area is on fire as my boy Elder Hoogland would say. We have 7 more on date for October and we are super pumped! I know that if we ask the Lord for miracles and do our part He will do His. 

I love you all so much!! Don´t forget to watch General Conference on Saturday and Sunday!!

Elder Scheer





Jacir's Baptism
Tailon's Baptism

Squad from CTM

Elder Santos

With President Gonçalves @ Conference

Back to making some ties

No comments:

Post a Comment