Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week #55– Concórdia – Episode #6 - HILLS!



This week has been a long and tiring one. We walked sooo much and these hills are starting to get to me haha. It´s all good though. This week I have learned a little more what it´s really like to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. There are a few people in this area that really don´t like the church and whenever they see us they scream bloody murder at us haha. It´s a pretty great experience. 

I really love Acts 5 which says: 

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Peter and John were beaten and arrested for preaching but they walked away happily because they were worthy to suffer as a representative of Christ. That is so incredible to me and has helped me so much. I´m so thankful for this opportunity I have. Also all that are members of the church made this covenant to take upon us the name of Christ. Remember to represent Him in every way possible!

Our investigators are still doing great but we had to push back Jacir´s baptism to the 23rd. We picked up some referral´s from the youth this week as well which I am really excited about. 

Elder Sanchez and I are getting along great and I am learning a bunch with him.

Love you all so much!!

Elder Scheer




No comments:

Post a Comment