Friday, July 13, 2018

Week #98 - Pedra Branca/Palhoca - Episode #13 - The First Vision

Sad week here in Brazil with the loss to Belgium... but we had a great week as missionaries. 

2 highlights from the week:

On Tuesday we got to teach an awesome young couple named Thomas and Breda that was a member referral. We taught them the Restoration and I think it was one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. The Spirit was almost tangible. When I shared the First Vision, Thomas almost jumped out of his seat. The member that gave the referral said that after the lesson he told him that the room was vibrating with energy haha. Brenda went to church on Sunday and loved it. Sadly Thomas couldn´t go because he plays music at noon every Sunday, so that will be a challenge.

On Sunday we were in front of the chapel welcoming everyone and waiting for investigators to show up when out of nowhere Diego and Adriani show up! They are a family that I have been visiting since I got here. They were all set to get married and then Diego didn´t want to anymore or even go to church. But I really felt that I shouldn´t give up on them. I have been praying so much for the Lord to soften his heart because he really lost all desire to live the gospel. When they showed up I was so happy. That afternoon we went to visit them and they said they talked to Bishop and have decided to get married!! So hype! Sadly I won´t be here but it´s alright. It was incredible to see how their semblance had changed just for making that decision. 

Time is passing fast and I´m trying to take advantage of what I have! I love you all!!

Elder Scheer



No comments:

Post a Comment