Thursday, July 6, 2017

Week #45- Florianópolis - Episode #14




Hey y´all!

This week was honestly pretty rough. A lot of our appointments fell through with investigators being sick or working or whatever. At least they didn´t drop us though. So I don´t really have any news.
The only big news of the week was that President and Sister Gonçalves got here. We haven´t met them yet but everyone is saying that they are super nice and loving so I am pretty excited. There should be some big changes coming up!

This week I read Mosiah 2 and a verse that really stuck out to me was verse 22 which says:  And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
I really liked this scripture because the Lord simply requires that we keep His commandments. I know that if we do this we will be so blessed. The Lord is perfect and He will always keep His promises as long as we do our part. On the mission I have been able to change my perspective of the commandments from being annoying rules to a way that Heavenly Father shows His love for us. I know that He gives us commandments for our benefit!

Sorry for the short letter this week. I love you all and hope you have a great 4th of July!!!

Sempre fica firme, forte e feliz!

Elder Scheer

No comments:

Post a Comment