Tuesday, February 7, 2017

WEEK #24 - JARAGUA DO SUL - Episode #17 - Rely on the Lord in All Things

I hope everyone had a great week!! I know I did besides getting Zika last P-day. Nah, it was a classic air borne virus and I´m all good now. But thsi past Saturday was 5 years since I was baptized! Crazy how time flies! I still remember that moment like it was yesterday. Easily the best decision of my life. Also big shout out to my boy Elder Hoogland who had his birthday Saturday as well!

So best for first as they say... 

Two Sundays ago Elder C and I were sitting at a bus stop after doing some visits. This lady named Leoci walked over, sat down, and just started talking to us. Eventually we got to the subject of how we are missionaries and stuff and she said how her family would love to have us over. So we took down her address and number and told her we would pass by the following Sunday. The following Sunday we try to call but the number doesn´t exist so we just go to her house but she wasn´t home. We were pretty bummed but we just went about our day with the other things we had planned. We were heading back to that same bus stop that night when Elder C said that we should pray that we can find Leoci again. So we prayed and continued walking. When we got to the bus stop we just sat down and nothing happened. After a few minutes of just sitting in silence looking around we saw a lady in the distance just standing on the sidewalk. We just kind of thought that she was another random lady but we decided to go talk to her. It was Leoci!!!!! It turned out that we had written down her phone number wrong! So we told her that we would call to mark for the next Sunday. Yesterday we were able to call her and pass by her house. When we got there she started walking to the houses next to her calling out everyone. We ended up in her mom´s house with 12 people (all family) that were excited to meet us and hear our message. Elder C and I just looked at each other like 'holy cow this is incredible!' haha. We pretty much just got to know them and explained to all of them what we do as missionaries and they are super interested and wanting to receive the lessons! We are seriously so hyped.

This story really helped my testimony grow about how we need to rely on the Lord in all things. Especially as missionaries....we are doing His work and we can´t expect to be able to do it on our own. I am learning to truly recognize the Lord´s hand in every aspect of life.

This week on Friday we also had interviews with President. President is so incredible. I love every chance that I get to talk to him.

Lastly, we have two more investigators that should be baptized this month! We moved Marcos to the 18th since he was hit by a car and is still recovering a little and a 19 year old stud named Lenon will be baptized on the 25th.

I love this work so much!! Of course there are times when I wish I was up at Park City shredding it up right now, but there is really no place I would rather be. Time is flying by so fast it almost make me sad to think of how quickly my time as a missionary will be up.

Thank you all so much for the support and prayers. I love you all and hope you have an incredible week!!

Sempre fica firme, forte e feliz!

Elder Scheer





No comments:

Post a Comment