Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Week #95 - Pedra Branca/Palhoca - Episode #10 - Farewell to Elder Anderson

Hey everyone! 

This week was great! It was also Elder Anderson´s last week in the mission which was crazy. As he was packing his bags I got slapped with a reality check that that will be me in 6 weeks.s My new companion will be Elder Santos and he has a year and 2 months so I´m excited to go as hard as I can and leave everything out here. 

The highlight of this week was definitely Victor Hugo´s baptism! It was a super spiritual experience. Elder Anderson and I sang 'Come Thou Fount" and I played the ukulele. I also got to baptize him! Sadly I forgot my camera at home so I´ll have to send pictures next week. But after his mom came up to me and said ´´who knows if that will be me in the future´´. So cool! She really felt the Spirit.

The bummer of the week was Kauê not getting baptized. He decided to tell his parents two days before and they weren´t having it so he decided it would be better to wait a little. So we are praying for them to soften their hearts!!

This week in Elder´s quorum we talked about Elder Robbins´ talk ``Until Seventy Times Seven´´. I really loved this talk and it gave me a different perspective about making mistakes and using them to get better. He uses the example of someone learning to play piano and how they have to make thousands or even millions of mistakes to become an expert. Same thing with learning a language. If we never messed up we wouldn´t be able to progress. I'm so thankful that through the Atonement of Christ we can always be forgiven and constantly replace our errors with light..

Lastly, happy Father´s Day to my amazing dad!! Love you all so much!

Elder Scheer

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment