Monday, December 4, 2017

Week #67 - Lages - Episode #1 - His Love



I´m in my new area and I´m loving it! It was sad to say goodbye to everyone in Concórdia, but it´s nice to move on. 

On Tuesday night I had to go to the bus station to catch my bus at 9:45 pm. We took a taxi from the apartment and when we got there, I went to pay with my card but the driver said that they don´t accept cards. I didn´t have any cash and I just looked at my companion with so much hope. But he only had $6 and it was $15. I thought the guy was going to be a good guy and let it slide or let my comp come back and pay the rest the next day, but nope. He decided to make a show and started yelling and it was great. We called Bishop but he couldn´t come in the moment and the driver was demanding the money in that moment or he would call the cops. I know the cops wouldn´t have done anything, but I had to catch my bus and didn´t have time to deal with mad taxi drivers and cops over $9, so I turned and walked up to an older lady and told her my situation. Without any hesitation she gave me $10. What a blessing! I´m so grateful that some people in this world are good!! haha.

Then when I got to the bus station in my new area at 2 am there was supposed to be some Elders waiting for me... but nope. Haha I just got off of the bus and walked around the bus station by myself but they weren´t there. I tried using the payphone to call the Area Pres but nobody answered. Then this guy came up to me and asked if I was a missionary. He told me he was the ward mission leader of my new area!! What in the world was he doing at the bus station at 2am?? Haha he had offered a neighbor of his a ride to the bust station. So I was able to use his phone to call the elders in my area to come get me. When I called they were sleeping hahaha. If he hadn´t been there I would´ve ended up sleeping at the bus station!

I know that Heavenly Father looks out for his missionaries and I could really feel His love.
I am loving the area. This ward hasn´t had a baptism for over a year but Elder Almeida and I are going to work. He has a year and 5 months in the mission, so we know what we are doing. We get along super well and I am so excited for this transfer. The ward is also super hyped to help in the work and grow the ward, so it´s going to be great. I´ll let you guys know more next week!

Love you all!!
Elder Scheer

No comments:

Post a Comment