Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week #6 - Florianopolis Bound!

Óla! This past weekend was incredible because we got to go proselyting again and watch general conference. Proselyting for the second time was much easier because we are much more comfortable with the language. We are actually able to answer questions and have more of a conversation haha. At one point I saw an Asian couple walking and flipping through a Book of Mormon that another missionary had given them, so I went up to them and asked if they had any questions. We started talking and I was trying to ask what the other missionary had told them about the Book of Mormon. I wasn´t able to get it through in Portuguese. But then the wife said, We speak English, and I got pretty hyped. Then she said she thought that Mormon was kind of the same as Jesus Christ or something so I´m really glad I asked and was able to clarify. They were very interested and even asked if there was a church nearby and luckily I knew where one was. It´s so awesome how so many Brazilians already believe in Jesus Christ. It makes it so much easier to talk about the Book of Mormon.


General Conference was phenomenal and Elder Mann getting TV time made it even better. I really like Elder Uchtdorf´s talk about missionary work. He counseled that we should never take what we have for granted and have the desire to share the truth we have with others. My favorite talk was Russell M. Nelson´s. All true joy comes from Christ. Even if we are going through challenges, if we turn to Christ we will find joy. I´m so thankful for the joy that He has brought me. There were many more incredible messages and I hope you all were able to learn something.

My time at the CTM is coming to an end and its been great, but I´m so excited to get to Florianópolis. I can´t wait to tell you all about the first week! Até mais!

Love, 
Elder Scheer




No comments:

Post a Comment